NOMINATE A CHARITY
Who Can Nominate?
In order to nominate a non-profit you must have completed a Membership Commitment Form and donated, at a minimum, for one quarter. Member must not be in arrears of contributions. Members may only have one active nomination at a time.
- Nominated organization must be a non-profit recognized by the IRS as a 501c 3 organization or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Non-profit must serve Central Oregon, specifically the communities of Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson counties. Local chapters of national charities will be considered if 100% of the contribution stays in our communities.
- The following are ineligible for funding: religious groups promoting religious activities, political organizations, organizations operating to support a single individual, organizations with a non-charitable purpose, and organizations that discriminate against individuals on the basis of creed, color, sexual orientation, age, gender, national origin, or veteran status.
- The non-profit must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members contact information, and agree not to solicit our members directly for future contributions.
- The organization that receives funds is expected to send a representative to our next meeting to give a 5 minute update on how our money was (or will be) used to help our community.
- Members must be current on donations in order to nominate.
- The member drawn at the meeting will present (alongside a representative from the non profit if in attendance).
- Only one presentation per organization may be made at each meeting.
- All Q4 2022 nominations must be in by Monday, November 7, 2022.